Chat Box

Friday, January 28, 2011

Jinjiang Xujing Hotel - Shanghai

Just to give you an idea of where I am staying in Shanghai, below is a map that I looked up in Google map. As you can see, point A is where I am staying JinJiang Xujing Hotel on JingHua Lu. It takes about ~30 minutes to get to People's Square (Point B) by car and about 45 minutes by Metro from XuJingDongZhan - Xujing East Metro Stop Line 2. I usually travel by Metro anyway but in order to reach the metro I have to take a cab because it's about 4-5km from my hotel (I walked once, it took me 45 minutes!)
Xujing is a small town in the outskirts of Shanghai where there aren't many tall buildings. However, there is a bustling street market on JingHuaLu every night where the locals would set up their own stalls and start selling goods such as scarfs, sweaters, shoes, ear mufflers, jackets, thermal underwear and variety of food such as nuts, stick food (vegetable, sausages, octopus, squid, meatball, fishball), sweet potato and chinese Pao.

Personally, Xujing Town and JingHuaLu is not too shabby to me. I bought a thick jacket and thermal wear in this street for a good bargain which was sufficient to keep me warm even in the negative temperature. However, because of the distance of Xujing to town, I don't make many trips downtown.

No comments: